Sunday, May 20, 2018

Black Bean Salad







     Hey mom, guess what, ...I made Black Beans from scratch, I soaked them overnight and everything.  I'm such a big girl now.  But seriously, this turned out GOOD!  My friend, Jennifer, was telling me about her favorite Black Bean Salad and that inspired me to try out my own version.  This perfect summer fare can be combined with pasta, meat, or just spoon to mouth.  Create your own, additions and subtractions are allowed and encouraged...be your own dog.  But, the only rule is to toss the can and soak the beans, it's a fun experiment that must be experienced!  Cheers to summer salads!

Ingredients~
Black Beans in bag, soak over night and cook per bag directions
Cooked Edamame
Diced Red Bell Pepper
Diced Green Bell Pepper
Corn
Diced Baby Carrots
Cilantro
Diced Red Onion
Diced Avocado
Tomato, optional
Cucumber, optional
- - - - - - - - - - - -
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/4 cup Red Cider Vinegar
Dash Salt, to taste
Dash Pepper, to taste
Dash Cumin, to taste
Dash Cayenne, to taste

     Combine first set of ingredients, minus Avocado.  Stir together second set of ingredient and pour over Salad til thoroughly coated.  Gently stir in Avocado after Salad is well combined.  Serve as desired.  Enjoy  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment