Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Balls






     I have a story to tell you.  I had a hankering to create the perfect sugar free gluten free Chocolate Chip cookie.  Pridefully whipping together my fool proof creation, I smugly added the tray of dough to the oven.  Taking the time to bask in all my raw talent, I anxiously awaited the 10 minute buzzer to alarm.  For someone so full of themselves, you can imagine my shock to discover a giant melted mass form of ingredients scoffing at me.  Taunting me with getting the last word in, I hopelessly removed the blob to rest on the counter.  Having a mini meltdown seemed like the next logical step.  Wiping a tear for dramatic effect, I had a decision to make.  I can use all my energy flopping around on the floor in a hysterical fit, or I can use the same amount of energy in figuring out if these beasts can be turned into beauties.  But how in the world could I turn those catapillars into butterflies!?  So me think'd and me think'd...and then I thunk'd it.  I will crush those devils into delicious crumbs, stir in Almond Butter, shape them into balls, smooth out the edges and roll them into a beautiful white Collagen Creamer powder.  The end result were 22 DELICIOUS Chocolate Chip Cookie Energy Balls, all for 123 calories, 3g net carbs and 4g protein.  I realized it doesn't matter how you win, it matters how you loose...and, you never loose if you learn.  Humility never tasted so good.  Never never give up  ;)



Ingredients for 22~1oz servings~
1/2 cup Gluten Free Oats
1/4 cup Coconut Oil, melted
2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
2 Jumbo Eggs
1/2 cup Lakanto Monk Fruit~use code Paige20 at checkout for discount
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Salt
Dash Vanilla
1/4 cup Lilys Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips
- - - - - - - - - - - -
1 cup Almond Butter
1 scoop Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Creamer

     Grind Oats to powder in Magic Bullet or blender, add to mixing bowl along with rest of first set of ingredients minus the Chips.  Once well incorporated, stir in Chips and drop dough onto Silpat lined cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 12 minutes.  Remove from oven and cool, then crumble in bowl, and stir in Almond Butter.  Shape into 22~1oz balls and roll in Collagen Creamer.  Store in fridge and enjoy this crunchy yet smooth work of art!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment