Saturday, September 16, 2017

Acorn Squash








      I grew up with my mom making Acorn Squash, filling the cavity with a spoonful of butter and brown sugar, sprinkled with cinnamon... I can almost taste it in my youthful mind! ummm ummm ummm  To capture those memories I still bake these every Fall but with a few changes, read below to see what I did with Mamma's recipe ... hopefully we can keep this a secret from her for now ...  Each of the 4 servings are only 90 calories, 16g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugar alcohol, 7g net carbs, 1g protein and 4g fat.  Enjoy the taste of tradition  ;)

Ingredients~
Acorn Squash, cut in half and remove the seeds and strings
1 Tablespoon melted Butter
1 Tablespoon Lakanto Golden Monk Fruit~use code Paige20 for discount at checkout 
1/2 diced small Fuji Apple
Dash Cinnamon
1 Tablespoon Pecan Chips

     Place cut Acorn halves face up in foil lined pan, (make Aluminum Foil rings to rest them on if necessary for stability).  Make a mixture of Butter, Monk Fruit, Apples and Cinnamon, fill each cavity equally.  Cover with foil and bake at 425 for an hour.  Remove foil and garnish with Pecans.  Enjoy  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment