Friday, June 23, 2017

Apple Fennel Walnut Salad








     How do you like your Fennel best!?  What's that?...you're not familiar with Fennel...(insert look of shock) ...  Actually to be honest, this is my first go round with this licorice flavored veggie...don't freak, I'm not talking about the flavor of that black string or the taste of a box of Good N Plenty  (that candy actually gives me shivers because I got sick in the 5th grade after eating two boxes of it at the movies...who was in charge of me that day is what I want to know...I digress)  This is a mild Anise that is wonderfully light and appealing, especially in Salads, Roasted, Grilled or even in Pasta.  Each of the 6 cup servings are only 105 calories, 6g net carbs and 1g protein.  Try something new today!  ;)

Ingredients for 6 servings~
1 large Fennel Bulb
1 small Fuji Apple
1 small Granny Smith Apple
1/4 cup chopped Walnuts
2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Tablespoon  Apple Cider Vinegar
1 teaspoon Spicy Brown Mustard
Salt to taste

     Remove stem from Fennel Bulb and dice Bulb and add to large mixing bowl, dice Apple's and add to bowl along with Walnuts.  Mix Oil, Vinegar and Mustard til thoroughly combined and pour over Salad, toss well to incorporate.  Season with Salt as desired.  Enjoy  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment