Saturday, June 20, 2015

Salted Caramel Turtle Ice Cream






     I love my Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder, so I decided to put it to good use by making Salted Caramel Turtle Ice Cream!  Why not!?  I also whipped out my Cuisinart 2Qt Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Ice Cream Maker, and boy does that make a DIFFERENCE!!!  I don't work for Cuisinart and this is an unpaid advertisement, BUT... I have always made my Ice Cream by simply stirring and putting in the freezer to do its stuff....#freezermethodnomo!!!  You simply can not believe the difference in texture, flavor and volume with this iceless saltless machine.  They should re name it to Easy Breasy Ice Cream Maker!!!  But back to me and my recipe, this unbelievable frozen flavor whips up to only 120 calories, 13.5g net carbs and 11g protein for a FULL CUP!!!  YOU. ARE. WELCOME.!!!  ;)

Ingredients for 8 cups~
3 cups Fat Free Half N Half
2 scoops Quest Salted Caramel Protein Powder
1/4 cup Swerve Confectioners Erythritol
1/4 cup Walden Farms Sweet Cream
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
1 Quest Double Chocolate Chunk, chopped into very small pieces
5 Delget Dates, chopped into very small pieces
Lily's Stevia Sweetened Dark Chocolate Chips, for garnish if desired
Whipped Topping, for garnish if desired

     If using the Cuisinart 2 Qt Frozen Yogurt and Sorbet Ice Cream Maker, then make sure to put the freezer bowl in freezer the day before making.  When ready, mix the first 6 ingredients in blender til well incorporated.  Remove freezer bowl from freezer, add Ice Cream paddle to machine and pour in Ice Cream mixture, add plastic lid and turn on machine for 25 minutes.  At the 25 minute mark, drop chopped Quest Bar and Dates thru opening in plastic lid and continue to whip for another 5 minutes.  Serve, garnish as desired and ENJOY!!!  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment