Saturday, May 2, 2015

"Easy Caprese" Asparagus Chicken Salad







     "Easy Caprese" is just that, easy!  And did I mention delicious!?  If not, I meant to! I've given a new twist to Caprese, turning a side salad into a fabulous elegant meal!  Whip this up this week and enjoy 4 healthy hearty servings at 389.5 calories, 10.9g net carbs, and 36.7g protein per serving.  You will never look at Mozzarella the same way again!  And if you want the best Mozzarella, check out your local Whole Foods brand for their own amazing cheeses!!!  ;)

Ingredients for 4 servings~
4 slices Turkey Bacon
Tablespoon EVOO
1 yellow Onion, chopped
1 Tablespoon chopped jarred Garlic
Dash Cayenne
1 pound boneless skinless Chicken Tenders
5 1/2oz chopped Asparagus
5oz Baby Kale Leaves
Fresh Basil Leaves
4oz Whole Foods Mozzarella Ball, chopped
2 Roma Tomatoes, chopped and drained on paper towels
Small Avocado, sliced
2 Green Onions, diced
2 Tablespoons Balsamic Glaze

     Heat Bacon in skillet til crisped, set aside to crumble.  Add EVOO to skillet, with Onions, Garlic and Cayenne til golden brown.  Add Chicken Tenders and cook thoroughly breaking into bite size pieces, add Asparagus til crisp tender.  Meanwhile, add Kale and Basil to large Salad Bowl, top with Chicken mixture, top with Mozzarella, Tomatoes, Avocado and Green Onions.  Finish with a drizzle of Balsamic Glaze over entire Salad.  Enjoy  :)

Disclaimer: I am a Whole Foods Market Blogger Ambassador and this post was inspired by their monthly themes and gift cards received to purchase ingredients for posts of my choosing. I am not compensated by Whole Foods Market for my blog posts and am free to post whatever I see fit to my own blog. 



No comments:

Post a Comment