Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Parmigiano Reggiano Chicken Ceasar Cobb Salad







     Never have I ever tasted Parmesan Cheese like I did when the Hubs and I were visiting Parma, Italy.  But lucky for me Whole Foods gets beautiful wheels of Parmesan that has been hand tendered 24 months hailing from the Reggio Emelia county of Parma.  Each round carries proof of its authenticity.  During production, the future rind is impressed with the number of the "caseificio" or cheese house, production date, and pin dots forming the words "Parmigiano Reggiano".  The pin dots guarantee that the cheese was made under regulation of the Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, conforming to its stringent standards of quality.  Every bite confirms the aging process, and I couldn't be happier to take advantage of this fine art~won't you join me!?  :)

Ingredients for 2.5 cups of Ceasar Dressing~
Jumbo Egg
1 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
1 Tablespoon chopped jarred Garlic
1/2 cup Lemon Juice
2 Tablespoons Stone Ground Mustard
1 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Pepper
1 Tablespoon Anchovy Paste

     Mix all together in Magic Bullet til fully blended, store in glass jar in fridge.  For 2 Tablespoons it is 113 calories, .3g carbs, and 1.4g protein.  Serve over a beautiful Chicken Ceasar Salad by layering~
Spinach
Romaine
Shredded Carrots
Diced Green Onions
Grilled Chicken
Turkey Bacon
Diced Roma Tomato
Shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
Sliced boiled Eggs
Avocado slices
Salt and Pepper

Disclaimer: I am a Whole Foods Market Blogger Ambassador and this post was inspired by their monthly themes and gift cards received to purchase ingredients for posts of my choosing. I am not compensated by Whole Foods Market for my blog posts and am free to post whatever I see fit to my own blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment