Saturday, February 7, 2015

Blueberry Oatmeal Pecan Cake






     My friend, Bonnie, was describing a cake she made and my mouth started watering with every detail!!!  I knew I had to make it and I knew I had to re-do it as a healthy version that I can enjoy guilt free!!!  Luckily it was an easy task and the results were phenomenal!!!  For a 9th of the cake it is 131 calories, 11.4g net carbs and 6.5g protein.  This is perfect for breakfast, snack or dessert!!!  I solved that dilemma by having a piece for breakfast, afternoon snack AND dessert!!!  I am a solution oriented girl ...with a happy belly  ;)

Ingredients~
2 Tablespoons Sweet Spreads Cinnamon Roll Coconutter, melted
4oz Fuji Apple
4oz Zucchinni
2oz baked and peeled Sweet Potato
1 Jumbo Egg
Dannon Greek Light&Fit Blueberry Yogurt
1 cup Instant Oats
1 scoop Quest Vanilla Milkshake Protein Powder
1/4 cup Swerve Erythritol Granular Style
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
Dash Cinnamon
Dash Vanilla
1 cup Blueberries
1/4 cup chopped Pecans
- - - - - - - - - -
Dannon Greek Light&Fit Blueberry Yogurt, for garnish if desired
Blueberries, for garnish if desired

     After melting Coconutter, add to food processor along with all the other ingredients except Blueberries and chopped Pecans.  After blending, fold in fresh Blueberries and pour into Pam sprayed 8X8 pan and top with chopped Pecans.  Bake at 375 for 20-22 minutes for a baked Oatmeal texture.  Cool and garnish with Yogurt and Blueberries, if desired.  Enjoy  :)

For 10 dollars off your first 30 dollar order at Vitacost.com click http://goo.gl/jjEvV7.

No comments:

Post a Comment