Saturday, November 15, 2014

Diestel Organic Roasted Thanksgiving Turkey







     Grandma Willoughby taught me how to roast a Turkey when I was a young girl.  Her method is fool proof and has been practiced since the early 1900's.  The big secret is a brown grocery sack!  So when I went to Whole Foods to pick up my Diestel Organic Fresh Turkey, I asked for paper not plastic to carry it home! Get to Whole Foods today and pick up your Thanksgiving Turkey and your brown paper bag too, ... you're gunna need it  ;)

Ingredients~
Diestel Organic Fresh Turkey
EVOO
Salt
Pepper
Garlic Powder
Brown Grocery Sack

     Remove wrappings from thawed Turkey, remove parts from inside Turkey, rinse with water and pat dry, rub with EVOO, sprinkle with Salt, Pepper and Garlic and put inside Brown Paper Sack, roll up the open end and place in roasting pan, following roasting directions on wrapper.  On last 20 minutes of roasting, remove Turkey and tear open sack, put back in oven to finish cooking and browning.  Remove when done, let rest 15 minutes, carve and serve!  Enjoy  ;)

Disclaimer: I am a Whole Foods Market Blogger Ambassador and this post was inspired by their monthly themes and gift cards received to purchase ingredients for posts of my choosing. I am not compensated by Whole Foods Market for my blog posts and am free to post whatever I see fit to my own blog. 




No comments:

Post a Comment