Sunday, August 10, 2014

Grilled Pineapple and Peach Chicken with Bacon and Salsa











     On the way to church this morning, as I was passing the local High School football field, I noticed it  was brimming with helmet clad teens buzzing with the energies of a new season.  And, when teaching my Sunday School class, everyone reported grimly that school starts this week.  WWWHHHAAAA ... how can summer be over already !!!???  Even though I am staring down the barrel of 51 ( which makes 50 seem so much more tolerable),  I still feel nostalgic as this time of year rolls around.  I love seeing moms with their kiddo's doing back to school shopping, so much enthusiasm surrounding new paper and pencils !!!  ( ... and snow days still thrill me... feel like I'm getting away with something...I digress... )  With all that revelation , it makes sense that I would strive to hang on to the last remnants of 100 degree days and outdoor cooking with seasonal fruit! After all, ... Fall foods are comin' right up  ;)

Ingredients~
Chicken Breast
Pineapple, trimmed and sliced
Peaches, sliced in half
Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled ( I buy mine from the Fresh Market Meat Case)
Pineapple Peach Salsa

     Grill Chicken Breast, followed by Peach and Pineapple.  Grill fruit just long enough to get grill marks, then remove.  Top Chicken with Fruit, sprinkle with Bacon crumbles and finish with Fruit Salsa.  Enjoy ;)

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete