Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Four Layer Beef and Bacon Paleo Casserole










     When I saw this recipe surfing the Net, it was so weird I had no choice but to try it out !  So glad I did, it turns out to be really yummy, the Hubs had seconds ( ... it's my indicator).  This comes from The Paleo Kitchen, and have no idea how they come up with this crazy combination, but it works!  I am not very educated on all the specifics of Paleo, so I need to look into it a little further.  I usually like the Paleo recipes, and look forward to trying more of them.  ;)

Ingredients~
1/2 pound Turkey Bacon, cooked and crumbled
3-4 medium Sweet Potatoes ( 1 1/4 pound, I think I about doubled this amount)
1/2 cup full fat Coconut Milk
1/2 teaspoon dried Sage
1 head Cauliflower
1 Tablespoon EVOO
1 large Yellow Onion, diced
8oz sliced button Mushrooms
1 heaping teaspoon chopped jarred garlic
2 pounds Ground Beef ( I use 96% Fat Free)
Salt and Pepper to taste

     Wash, clean and dry Sweet Potatoes, slice in two.  Wrap each half in foil and bake at 400 for an hour on cookie sheet, remove from oven and cool. When cooled, mash ( I like the skins and leave them on, but this is optional) and mix with 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, Sage, Salt and Pepper, and set aside. Meanwhile, clean Cauliflower and remove heads.  Put in bowl with a few Tablespoons water and put plastic wrap on bowl with small opening for breathing.  Cook according to microwave directions til very soft, remove and cool.  When cooled, it should easily mash with Potato Masher or fork ( I think its ok to be lumpy) and mix with 1/4 cup Coconut Milk, Salt and Pepper, set aside. Meanwhile, heat EVOO in skillet and saute diced Onion and Garlic til golden brown. Add Mushrooms and cook thru, then add Beef and cook til browned, drain.  Using a 9 X 13 pan, layer half the Beef on Pam sprayed bottom, top with Cauliflower, then other half of Beef mixture, top with Sweet Potatoes, and finish by sprinkling with Bacon crumbles. Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or til heated thru. I served this with a mixed Green Salad with Light Catalina Dressing, great combo. Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post.. parents are worlds best person in each lives of individual..they need or must succeed to sustain needs of the family
    jogos friv gratis
    Jogos online
    jogos 4 school

    ReplyDelete