Tuesday, April 22, 2014

One Pot Spaghetti


     OH MY GOSH !!!!  I think I died and went to heaven tonight when I ate this pasta !!!  This is the BEST pasta I have ever tasted, no exaggeration !!!  The best part is that it was all made in one pot with healthy ingredients !!!  Totally winning recipe, that I plan to use again and again !!!  I kept running across one pot spaghetti recipes and now I'm sorry I didn't experiment with this sooner !!!  Please give this a try as soon as possible !!!  :)

Ingredients~
12 oz Ronzoni Healthy Harvest 100% Whole Grain Thin Spaghetti ( 34g carbs and 9g protein/2oz dry)
16oz Meatless Soy Crumbles, thawed
1 can Zesty Red Pepper diced tomatoes with liquid
1 large yellow onion, diced
1 heaping Tablespoon chopped jarred garlic
Dash cayenne pepper to your taste
2 teaspoons dried Oregano OR fresh sprigs to desired taste ( I used fresh from my mothers garden)
2 large sprigs basil, chopped ( your grocery should sell fresh and I recommend using fresh over dried)
4 1/2 cups water
4 1/2 teaspoons LB Jamison Chicken Base
2 Tablespoons EVOO
Shaved Parmesan for garnish

     Place pasta, tomatoes, onion, garlic and basil in large stock pot.  Pour in water and chicken base. Sprinkle with cayenne pepper to desired taste and add oregano as well.  Drizzle the top with EVOO.  Cover pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce to a low simmer and keep covered and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.  Cook until almost all liquid has evaporated, leaving an inch or so at most.  I pretty much cooked until the liquid all evaporated. Stir in heated Meatless Soy Crumbles. Season to taste with salt and pepper and Parmesan as desired.  You will not be sorry with this dish, it is really outta this world delish !!!  Enjoy  ;)    PS  the clean up is awesome too  ;)  PSS I used fresh oregano and basil for this recipe from my moms herb garden and I think that really gave it that extra special wonderful flavor.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I found your site by mistake when i was searching yahoo for this acne issue, I must say your site is really helpful I also love the design, its amazing!.
    jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete