Saturday, April 5, 2014

Freezing your Fresh Sliced Mushrooms





     I love having fresh sliced mushrooms on hand, but fret over how quickly they spoil!  So I had the idea of freezing them to have on hand anytime I need them.  I did a little research and found that this was a tried and true method, so I decided to give it a whirl myself.  This is a very easy process.  You can freeze them fresh or cooked.  I chose to use the fresh method.  Line your pan with mushrooms in a single layer not touching for 2 hours in the freezer.  Remove from freezer and reduce to individual freezer safe containers.  Now you will easily be able to pull out your desired amount anytime you need them.  If you store them after they are frozen solid they will not stick to one another in the freezer when you try to remove a small amount.  If you want to store them already cooked then saute' them in a skillet with EVOO and after cooled, spread on cookie sheet in a single layer, not touching and freeze them for 2 hours, then reduce to freezer proof containers to have on hand for recipes when necessary.  Viola, problem solved!!!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment