Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Garlic Shrimp with Ginger and Snow Peas


    Bonnie and I have been friends since I was 14 y.o. when I  moved to Wichita and started a new High School. She is one of those girls that always wears a smile, is kind to everyone, and we can talk about anything! So its no surprise that when we were talking about recipes that she was quick to share one of her new found favorites!  I felt so lucky to have another great dish to share, ... til ... I found out it had fresh Ginger in it !!  I don't know if I'm more afraid of working with Ginger or of the "Big Bad Wolf'" !!!  HA  But guess what, it is surprising easy to peel and chop, ...not SCAREY at all !!! I felt like such a big girl after conquering the Ginger challenge !!!  So give this dish a whirlie and see what you think, I think it turned out pretty fantastic, and I really appreciate my friend sharing with me !!! Thank you Bonnie  ;) 

Ingredients:
I Tablespoon EVOO
1 Yellow Onion, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped ( I cheat and use jarred chopped garlic and used about a Tablespoon)
3 Tablespoon finely chopped Ginger
1 Cup White Wine ( We don't drink, so I don't have Wine in the house so I substituted with Chicken Broth and I think it turned out fine)
1 or 2 pounds Raw peeled Shrimp ( the recipe calls for 1 pound, but my family LOVES Shrimp and 1 pound seems to go fast so I usually just double it and everyone leaves happy!!!  HA )
8-12oz Fresh Snow Peas
1/3 Cup Fresh Cilantro, roughly chopped
Salt and Pepper to taste
Chopped Green Onion for Garnish

    Sautee' Onion in EVOO til golden brown ( 10-15 min), add garlic and ginger and cook 2 more minutes.  Add wine/chicken broth til simmering, add Snow Peas til crisp tender, then add Shrimp and cook til Pink. Stir in Cilantro, Salt and Pepper~ Garnish with Green Onion! Serve with Couscous or Quinoa !!!  Enjoy  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site. Your web log isn’t only useful but it is additionally really creative too. There tend to be not many people who can certainly write not so simple posts that artistically. Continue the nice writing.jogos friv online
    Jogos live
    jogos friv 4 school

    ReplyDelete