Friday, March 7, 2014

Bar-B-Que Chicken Pizza with Cauliflower Crust


     We all remember our "Firsts" in life, ... especially when it comes to FOOD! I remember my First Banana Nutella Crepe in Paris, my First Chocolate in Belgium, my First Fish N Chips in London, my First Peking Duck in Hong Kong, my First Philly Cheese Steak at Pats and Genos in Philadelphia,  my First Pepper Nut in Denmark, my First Gelato in Rome, my First Roasted Pig in Hawaii, my First Homemade Applesauce in Switzerland, my First Mexican Vanilla from Mexico, my First Beignet at Café Du Monde in the French Quarter, my First PoBoy in Alabama,  my First Parmesan in Parma Italy, ... AND my First Bar-B-Que Chicken Pizza at Wolfgang Pucks in the MGM in Vegas!  I was BLOWN away by the flavors, and it has been a favorite of mine ever since!  So in my quest for health, I needed to make a few modifications ... starting with the crust!  Yes yes yes, I used a Cauliflower crust on this baby, and it works perfectly with the other elements, ... so there, take that!  :/  After making up our crusts, the Hubs and I were able to add our own topping to our hearts desire. This is a perfect Friday night delight, give it a try and you will love it too!  Enjoy  ;)


Ingredients for the Cauliflower Pizza:
1 head of Cauliflower cleaned and diced into crumbles ( I use my Pampered Chef dicer, or you can use a food processor~ just as long as you get the crumbled consistency ~ my head made 5 cups.  You can also buy it premade in the frozen section. )
1 egg
1/2 cup egg white
dash salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon dried onions
1 cup shredded mozzarella

     Mix all together and form into 7-8 inch thin circles and bake at 450 for 15-20 minutes on Pam coated sheet or preferably on a Silpat Sheet, for 15-20 minutes depending on how crispy you want your cauliflower crust. This will make SEVERAL, so you will have plenty to freeze for next time! 


Ingredients for Topping:
Diced Purple Onion
1 Tablespoon EVOO
1-2 heaping teaspoons chopped garlic
Pepper to taste
1 pound boneless skinless chicken tenders
2-3 Tablespoons Sweet Baby Rays Bar-B-Que Sauce
Diced Bell Peppers, assorted colors
Sliced Purple Onion
Fresh Diced Pineapple
Cilantro leaves
Shredded Mozzarella
Light Salt to Taste

     Heat EVOO in skillet and add chicken, garlic and pepper to taste. Cook through and cut cooked tenders with spatula in bite size pieces, then pour desired amount of Bar-B-Que sauce in skillet ( be cautious as there is 35 calories per Tablespoon of this delicious sauce). Meanwhile lay out other toppings, and set your crusts on the baking pan and let everyone take part in building their own pizza!  Make it a fun craft project for dinner !!!  I put a generous amount of peppers, onion, cilantro and pineapple on top of my chicken mixture, and a scant amount of cheese.  Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes or til heated thru. For a time saving tip~ make your crust the day ahead so they are ready to go when you are !!! Enjoy !!!  ;)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you again for all the knowledge you distribute.Good post. I was very interested in the article. it's quite inspiring I should admit. I like visiting you site since I always come across interesting articles like this one.Great Job. I greatly appreciate that.Do Keep sharing! Regardsfriv jogos online
    jogos online 2019
    friv jogos 4 school online

    ReplyDelete